Available Positions at Ashley HomeStores of Central Ohio and Western Michigan
Below is a testimonial from one of our Sales Consultants...
“I do not enjoy being chained behind a desk and love a lot of personal interaction on the job. I've liked doing sales because I really enjoy helping people, but wanted to work for a company that was genuinely concerned about its employees and the customers they serve. I now spend 40-44 hours a week in a beautiful environment and take pride in knowing I work for a company that is very involved in the community, has a long history of success, lots of room for promotion, and is highly dedicated to helping its people accomplish their personal and professional goals. Better yet, they provided all the training I needed to sell furniture. I am on target to make $40,000 to $80,000 this year and I won't even be the highest paid home furnishings sales consultants on our team. If this sounds like a place that you'd like to work too, you should stop in and apply.”
We live our vision everyday: BE THE DIFFERENCE!
Here is a snapshot of your Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Willing to work Retail Hours - You are able to pick your basic weekly schedule but it does include working weekends and major retail holidays.
- Must be outgoing, friendly, easy to talk to and gets excited by interacting with others, gets excited by developing and sharing fresh ideas with customers as they look to furnish their home.
- Earn guest business by demonstrating integrity in the sales process by engaging them in a way that helps them discover their true design potential.
- Be willing to follow up and stay in contact with the customers before and after the sale to provide a world class customer service experience.
- We are looking for Passion – More than Experience!
If you would like a career in sales with an organization that is dedicated to the personal and professional growth of its staff, is committed to community involvement, and genuinely.
You were drawn to HR because you love people – love identifying and developing their potential. You are a natural communicator with great organizational skills. You understand that you are not just helping someone get a job, but at a deeper level are affecting the quality of their lives and the lives of all the others they will touch in the performance of their duties. You take your job seriously and have a passion for doing it well.
Your duties will include:
- Coordinating the hiring process from beginning to end.
- Connecting with potential candidates online and offline, screening applications and supporting hiring managers.
- Maintaining a positive candidate experience.
- Organizing and managing new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Explaining and providing information on employee benefits, programs, and education – including advising and evaluating needs.
- Maintaining employee records and paperwork.
- Answering employee questions and addressing employee concerns with the company; including employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Ensuring all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements.
- Proven experience with recruiting functions.
- Hands-on experience with the largest job sites like Monster and Indeed.
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and niche professional websites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Github and Stack Overflow.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record-keeping.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- 3-5 years HR experience, generalized or specialized.
- Experience in performing HR duties in a retail environment is a plus.
- Certification preferred, but not mandatory.
We are Ashley HomeStore and we are currently looking for a Guest Services Facilitator who will be a Guest Greeter - Receptionist. This will be the perfect position for someone who is outgoing and loves meeting and working with people. You will greet and direct our Guests and Customers as they come into our beautiful store.
Below is a testimonial from one of our Guest Services Facilitator...
“I am studying social sciences in college and wanted part-time to full-time work that allowed me to apply some of what I was learning. I answered the Ashley ad for the Guest Services Facilitator and it has been a dream job for me. I get to work in a beautiful environment and interact with the public in a meaningful way. I am learning a lot about consumer behavior and feel fortunate to be able to work for a company that is dedicated to me getting my degree, is highly involved with the community, and genuinely cares about their customers and staff. I currently work 25 to 30 hours per week. What's even better is there is room for promotion for me in the future if I want it. If you'd like a really interesting part-time to full-time position that is not just mindless work you should apply today."
We live our vision everyday: BE THE DIFFERENCE!
Guest Services and/or receptionist experience is a plus.
This is a part-time into a possible full-time position.
Customer Service Representative
We are looking for leaders to help grow our brand new Business Development Center.
We are Ashley HomeStore - the #1 Furniture Retailer in America. We are expanding our operations and adding a Business Development Center, at our huge Distribution Center in Byron Center, MI, for better client services and customer support.
Call Center, Customer Service and Sales experience will be a plus for applicants applying for this career position.
Ideal candidates should have the following skill sets:
- Phone (comfort/etiquette) skills
- Friendly - Helpful personality
- Able to work effectively in a highly collaborative team-based environment
- Organized and Detail oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills - written and verbal
- Ability to Multitask
Warehouse - Delivery Team Members
- Delivery Drivers (Box Truck - no CDL required)
This position is responsible for the delivery of customer merchandise. It requires driving, loading, unloading, carrying and delivering furniture and mattresses to our customers.
- Delivery Team Navigators
This position loads, unloads and assists the Delivery Driver with directions and carrying and delivering furniture and mattresses to our customers.
- Warehouse & Assembly Team Members
This position loads & unloads freight, assembles furniture and performs other basic warehouse duties.
Candidates for these important full-time Delivery Driver, Delivery Navigator, Warehouse and Assembly positions must:
- Be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- Be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, stand and walk frequently
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work independently – without constantly being managed
- Enjoy working with people
- Delivery Drivers must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record
This is an entry level Administrative Office position. The preferred candidate would be responsible for general office and clerical duties, offering administrative support to our sales team and managers while working in a fun, upbeat and beautiful retail store.
We are looking for leaders who are positive, energetic and friendly with a strong desire to provide superior customer service, to join our organization and continue to move it forward.
Administrative Office and/or Customer Service experience is a plus, however, we have a complete paid training program for this full time Administrative Office position. This is a great job for those who enjoy public interaction, helping others and treasure timeliness and efficiency.
We are looking for someone who cares about the quality products and services they represent, their customers, and their co-workers. We are seeking someone who is self-motivated, energized, customer service and sales focused. If you’re fashion forward, passionate, relentless, professional, and a people-person, we want to talk with you!
Business Development Center
This is how we would like to Be The Difference for you:
- Competitive Compensation - Plus Bonus Potential
- No Experience Necessary – We have a complete paid training program
- Health Insurance
- 401-K with Company Match
- Paid Vacations
- And Much More
This could be the career you have been looking for. We also promote from within for even more career opportunities.