Available Positions at Ashley HomeStores of Central Ohio and Western Michigan
Below is a testimonial from one of our Sales Consultants...
“I do not enjoy being chained behind a desk and love a lot of personal interaction on the job. I've liked doing sales because I really enjoy helping people, but wanted to work for a company that was genuinely concerned about its employees and the customers they serve. I now spend 40-44 hours a week in a beautiful environment and take pride in knowing I work for a company that is very involved in the community, has a long history of success, lots of room for promotion, and is highly dedicated to helping its people accomplish their personal and professional goals. Better yet, they provided all the training I needed to sell furniture. I am on target to make $40,000 to $80,000 this year and I won't even be the highest paid home furnishings sales consultants on our team. If this sounds like a place that you'd like to work too, you should stop in and apply.”
We live our vision everyday: BE THE DIFFERENCE!
Here is a snapshot of your Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Willing to work Retail Hours - You are able to pick your basic weekly schedule but it does include working weekends and major retail holidays.
- Must be outgoing, friendly, easy to talk to and gets excited by interacting with others, gets excited by developing and sharing fresh ideas with customers as they look to furnish their home.
- Earn guest business by demonstrating integrity in the sales process by engaging them in a way that helps them discover their true design potential.
- Be willing to follow up and stay in contact with the customers before and after the sale to provide a world class customer service experience.
- We are looking for Passion – More than Experience!
If you would like a career in sales with an organization that is dedicated to the personal and professional growth of its staff, is committed to community involvement, and genuinely.
We are Ashley HomeStore and we are currently looking for a Guest Services Facilitator who will be a Guest Greeter - Receptionist. This will be the perfect position for someone who is outgoing and loves meeting and working with people. You will greet and direct our Guests and Customers as they come into our beautiful store.
Below is a testimonial from one of our Guest Services Facilitator...
“I am studying social sciences in college and wanted part-time to full-time work that allowed me to apply some of what I was learning. I answered the Ashley ad for the Guest Services Facilitator and it has been a dream job for me. I get to work in a beautiful environment and interact with the public in a meaningful way. I am learning a lot about consumer behavior and feel fortunate to be able to work for a company that is dedicated to me getting my degree, is highly involved with the community, and genuinely cares about their customers and staff. I currently work 25 to 30 hours per week. What's even better is there is room for promotion for me in the future if I want it. If you'd like a really interesting part-time to full-time position that is not just mindless work you should apply today."
We live our vision everyday: BE THE DIFFERENCE!
Guest Services and/or receptionist experience is a plus.
This is a part-time into a possible full-time position.
Customer Service Representative
We are looking for leaders to help grow our brand new Business Development Center.
We are Ashley HomeStore - the #1 Furniture Retailer in America. We are expanding our operations and adding a Business Development Center, at our huge Distribution Center in Byron Center, MI, for better client services and customer support.
Call Center, Customer Service and Sales experience will be a plus for applicants applying for this career position.
Ideal candidates should have the following skill sets:
- Phone (comfort/etiquette) skills
- Friendly - Helpful personality
- Able to work effectively in a highly collaborative team-based environment
- Organized and Detail oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills - written and verbal
- Ability to Multitask
Warehouse - Delivery Team Members
- Delivery Drivers (Box Truck - no CDL required)
This position is responsible for the delivery of customer merchandise. It requires driving, loading, unloading, carrying and delivering furniture and mattresses to our customers.
- Delivery Team Navigators
This position loads, unloads and assists the Delivery Driver with directions and carrying and delivering furniture and mattresses to our customers.
- Warehouse & Assembly Team Members
This position loads & unloads freight, assembles furniture and performs other basic warehouse duties.
Candidates for these important full-time Delivery Driver, Delivery Navigator, Warehouse and Assembly positions must:
- Be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- Be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, stand and walk frequently
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work independently – without constantly being managed
- Enjoy working with people
- Delivery Drivers must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record
Be rewarded with a competitive pay and excellent benefits. Be fulfilled by being part of a company that realizes the most important asset it will ever develop is its people.
Our Success Starts with YOU:
You were drawn to administrative office work because you love attending to the details. You are efficient and focused. You like being the "go to" person - the one who keeps us on track, keeps us rolling, and is the person we all rely on to answer our questions. You take your job seriously, and have a passion for doing it well.
Your duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Ability to write and distribute e-mails, correspondence memos, letters and forms
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain contact lists
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Provide general support to guests
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of office equipment, computers, printers, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Power Point, in particular) is a benefit
- High School degree; additional qualifications in an office setting as an Administrative Assistant, Secretary or Receptionist will be a plus
We are looking for someone who cares about the quality products and services they represent, their customers, and their co-workers. We are seeking someone who is self-motivated, energized, customer service and sales focused. If you’re fashion forward, passionate, relentless, professional, and a people-person, we want to talk with you!
Business Development Center
This is how we would like to Be The Difference for you:
- Competitive Compensation - Plus Bonus Potential
- No Experience Necessary – We have a complete paid training program
- Health Insurance
- 401-K with Company Match
- Paid Vacations
- And Much More
This could be the career you have been looking for. We also promote from within for even more career opportunities.